Monday, May 24, 2010

New week...New desk folliage.


I totally struggled through today. I stayed up WAY too late last night watching Lost. I'm hurrying through this post so I can finally spend the rest of this hot & humid day pouring over various websites that will help explain the gaps that I don't quite understand. 

I finally ran today.  I went after work to try to avoid some of the heat and set out for 2.8 miles.  The last time I ran was April 21.  Insane that I've gotten this far away from it. Picked an easy route, busy road. Lots of traffic = less allowing myself to walk, I'd hate for someone to see me do that, so it helps with the mental game. However, busy road + trash day aren't a good combo, peeee-ewww!

But, I made it!  It hurt and I was slow, but I made it.  Back to square one I guess.   Total time was 35 minutes, felt pathetic. I know I did the first 2 miles at a 10 minute pace, so that's not bad being so out of practice. I hit a big hill and walked the next .4 miles then very slowly did the rest home.  I wanted to puke.  I'm trying not to beat myself up about regression.  

Tomorrow I'll get to go at it again. I won't get to go until later, so it'll hopefully be cooler.  Audrey has her 2 year physical late in the afternoon, so I'll wait till Dan gets home later to head out. 

After my run, I picked up the kids, we wolfed down some dinner and headed to the park to meet up with friends.. We walked the trail  - one mile - then scrubbed down in the tub and both children very quickly passed out, with sweet little sugar plums dancing in their heads. 

I'll post stats from her Doctor's appointment tomorrow night, stay tuned!
-

No comments: