Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Finally, an update!

We had a wonderful Christmas. We've been celebrating for over a week now and it's been fabulous spending time with everyone.

We took the kids to see Santa last week. Audrey loved him from a distance but when it came time to get within the same breathing space - she flipped. Our final picture definitely came out interesting and wasn't quite worth the hour and a half we waited for it. I did get a shot on my own of Nathaniel in his lap. He was so excited and would not stop talking to the poor guy!

Nathaniel insisted on making a sign for the reindeer so they would know to stop at our house.

Christmas Eve, we hung the sign outside and sprinkled reindeer food (oatmeal & glitter) around the sign. Nahtaniel surprised us & went right to sleep, Audrey fussed all night but for reasons other than Christmas.

Dan started putting the kitchen together around 10:30. That thing had more pieces than I've ever seen. I enjoyed sitting back with my hot cup of coffee watching as he put in one screw at a time. All 500 of them. He handled it very well and was finished by 1:30.

Nathaniel woke up at 6am and we came downstairs at 7am. I expected a massive whirlwind of wrapping paper and toys flying all over the place but they played with each gift for a while, then opened another. It was drawn out & really enjoyable.

Click the picture for the slideshow. Hopefully by the time this post is up, the video is also ready for viewing.



Later in the afternoon, Dan & I removed the tree and all decorations, putting the house back to normal. Our tree was SO dead, I couldn't handle it anymore. I'm excited to still have two more days off, then I only work three days and then four more days off. Can't beat that!

1 comment:

mummydr said...

Aww great pictures! Our Santa picture is just of Thomas, James had to be removed too. I love Audrey's hat and coat, really beautiful. Thomas has got that bummblebee transformer too :-)
Merry Christmas!