- My boss is pouting and is therefore taking a 3 week vacation from the office. Life is good.
- Audrey is walking A LOT! Guess all it took was another follow up email from me to her doctor about proceeding with physical therapy and/or possible leg braces. I think we'll be able to skip that and she'll work it all out on her own. Her right foot still turns out to the side but she's doing great getting around on her feet instead of her knees. We spent time tonight chasing her around the mall, it's So nice to see her up. She has a huge smile on her face the whole time and is so very proud of herself.
- Nathaniel finished up his last summer gymnastics session Thursday night. Two of the other kids didn't show up, so it was just him & a 6 year old girl. They had a great time. Gigi put them up on real balance beam, That thing is high! Nathaniel cried the first time across, he was so intimidated but Gigi was persistent and by the 5th time across, he was practically running. Gigi is a great coach, he's a Romanian gymnast that pushes the kids hard. Sometimes it's difficult to watch because you wonder why he doesn't help the kids more, why does he just stand there watching them? Dan & I have to remember that by not helping them, he's is helping them, they figure out how to do it on their own and build their skills. Nathaniel will continue on Thursday nights, weekly sessions start back up again on the 27th.
- Dan's knee is so much better. I caught him running a few times this week playing with the kids so that shows how much better it is since the surgery. It healed so very fast and we're extremely thankful for that. There is no such thing as light duty in his world and we were both very nervous for the recovery time for him.
- Now that we knew Nathaniel would be in Thursday night gymnastics, it opened up Saturday for soccer. The same day that I was calling around for area info, we received a flier in the mail for a fairly new indoor arena in Bedford. It was meant to be. So I called, got some useless kid that just told me to check the website for info. Glad he's worth his $7/hour. So I went online and I registered him for soccer starting Sept 12th at 9am. After I registered, I waited & waited for my confirmation, nothing happened. I just gave my card information over the scary internet and didn't even get a thank you. hmmm.
I reread the flier again to find out who to call or email about this and notice that the flier made reference that if you are a first time attendee, you get a free jersey.
Great! Now I have two reasons to email the director.
So I send a lovely email. Thanks for the flier, blah blah, I registered but no confirmation of my payment or spot in class, blah blah and oh by the way, Nathaniel's a size 5T shirt and where do I get his free jersey?
She writes back promptly the next morning and tells me that yes, he's registered but no, you only get the free jersey if you register at the open house. However, they'd be happy to give me a jersey after I supply them with another $20.
HUH!?!? How is THAT ok?
Here's what I wrote back to her:
I would like to express my disappointment about the jersey. The flier states "register for any full session and receive a free jersey". The flier makes no reference to if you register online, by phone or at the facility. After receiving the flier in the mail, I called for information. The boy that answered referred me back to your website for class descriptions. He also stated that he wasn't sure if there was still room in the 9am class and he encouraged me to sign up online as he wasn't sure if there'd still be openings if I waited till the 29th.. My experience with any Saturday activity is that they have a high demand and I didn't want to end up on a waiting list so I registered there to be sure we'd get a spot. We are still planning to go to the Open House on the 29th since we're new to your facility.
I'm not trying to be a pain in the neck parent, However I still felt it necessary to express my disappointment in your policy when it wasn't clearly stated. I am paying just as much per session as the parents who register for the first time at open house.
So I just know this girl is gonna love me. I know we'll be BFFs 4-eva. She's gonna want to be blood sisters. I bet she'll even get me one of these for my birthday.
I'm officially one of those parents.