Sunday, August 24, 2008

i was caught off guard.

I was going through my pictures for the post prior to this one and came across this accidental picture. I fell in love with it instantly. I can tell the picture wasn't really meant to be, it was clearly taken by accident. I haven't cropped it or played with it at all except for black & white.

It's his innocence here that catches my breath. He's clearly just a little boy, caught up in his own thoughts and, for a brief moment, in his own world. Sometimes we think he's so big, sometimes we probably expect too much of him.

This picture reminds me of the fact that he's just a little boy, just barely 3 years old. So much life ahead of him. So much to still learn & figure out.

More than anything, this picture makes me nervous. We have so much responsiblity for his life. I don't mean in the part of being sure that he gets feed from every food group daily or that he's well dressed with a clean haircut. I mean our responsiblity as parents to lead him to become the man that every parent wants their son to be. I don't care, and I know Dan agrees, if he becomes a janitor or a president of a successful business. It's who he is on the inside that matters. It's that measure of life that I want to be able to look back at 35 years from now and know that we did a good job.

Photobucket

No comments: