Friday, January 29, 2010

All Night Long

Remember that song from Lionel Richie? That's the song playing in my head right now. That's how our night was with Audrey.

She was awake.

For hours.

Long painful hours.

It's a good thing she's cute. Did you know she's almost two? Do you realize it's been that long since we've slept well? Not to mention the awful pregnancy sleepless nights from before she was born. People wonder why I get grouchy.

I took the 11:30 - 1:30 shift. You sit there rocking. The first half hour isn't bad, you enjoy the snuggles, the good smelling hair, the deep baby breathing. Soon more time passes and you start the countdown. If I get back to bed now I'll only have 3 more hours of sleep before I have to get up. OH my gosh, I have so many things on my desk that are hard & complicated. How am I ever going to get those done on just 4 hours sleep? Oh no, now it's only 3 hours sleep. Go to sleep Audrey. Stop crying. Oh crud, now it's only 2 hours sleep. Stress starts to set in, I yell for Dan to take over.

He stumbles in and I crawl back to bed. By now, I have a very long 4 year old sleeping sideways in my bed. I slide back in bed, he sits up and starts grilling me about when is summer coming? What day is it tomorrow? When are we going to Disney? What's under the snow? Is tomorrow a computer day? What are we having for breakfast? Where is his Transformer? Can he wear the pants with no buckles tomorrow? Did I know that Maggie's birthday was yesterday? How do airplanes stay up? When can he sit in the front of the car?

Everyone finally passes out. But don't worry, it wasn't for long. We're awoken again with blood curling screams from the precious little girl's room. She woke up at 4:45 swimming in her crib. I think we gave her one too many cups during the night. Gross.

We're all up now. 5:13am. Watching Barney in bed. There's a new show episode on about Airplanes. We all get weirdly excited when On Demand finally comes out with new episodes.

In other news, I had an amazing workout yesterday. I ran 4.2 miles in 46 mintues. I was happy with that.

I'm going to do whatever I can in my power to make today fly by. It has to. I need a weekend.

No comments: